Tips For Exit Devices
If you are looking for an exit device to warn you of someone leaving the building you are going to need to consider a few things. There are a variety of devices on the market and we here at Fast Locksmith can advise you of which is the best one for your particular situation.
Here are a few things you will want to look for before installation:
- A Loud Alarm – If you can’t here the alarm, it is useless and depending on the size of your building, this is critical. It should be loud enough to be heard by the nearest occupant in the building. This allows anyone in the area to check it out.
- Durability – You need something that is going to hold up against vandalism. There is no telling what a person trying to exit the building may do to stop the alarm. Make sure your alarm is durable.
- Programmable – The device should be programmable. The alarm should be able to have a variety of settings such as a loud shriek or a quiet repetitive beep depending on the circumstances. It should be able to be set so it stays on until it is shut off, or has a timer that allows it to stop after a few minutes.
- Installation – Should be easy to install and installed by a professional
- Warranty – Last but not lease it should come with a warranty. Even though they may be rarely used they are just like insurance policies – when you need it, it had better be there working for you.